Brad Velander wrote:

> Dennis,
>         you are exactly correct, the annotate facility crashes immediately
> upon clicking annotate. The message points to the VCL50.bpl file. I hadn't
> bothered checking the other functions that were acting up last time, just
> assumed they could be gone as well.
>         I had reinstalled about a week ago and it worked fine after getting
> their modified clean install from Protel. However this morning it is back
> and even after doing the clean install it is still there so I have to try a
> few other things right now.
>         After I get it running I am going to note all the pertinent details
> about these *.bpl files and save a clean copy somewhere safe as Jon
> suggested. That was already on my to do list. Jon, if you are reading this,
> they write back to the BPL files? I thought these were just library files
> similar to DLLs?

I don't know for sure.  Last modification dates should tell the story.
I used to know pretty well exactly which files had preferences updates
in them, but Protel has grown so much, I don't any longer know for
sure.   All libraries that are available in the PCB or SCH document
at least get new dates, even if you change nothing in the library.  The
preferences seem to be in ...Design Explorer\system\ADVPCB.DFT

Good luck,

Jon

* Tracking #: 8FE71717813DCB418CEB2A1EB28EB240314E3695