> Tom's Hardware Guide www.tomshardware.com is an excellent starting resource
> for everything, other than entering key words in a search engine.

    Thanks, I completely forgot about Tom's hardware guide.  I use to go to that page
back in the old days when I used to try to
overclock 200MHz processors...

> With IDE RAID and the RPM's higher end IDE HD's are now at, SCSI may be just
> an added complication to the system.  I would re-think a SCSI decision if
> that decision is based on speed and/or RAID.

    I guess you never been on a system with a SCSI3 Raid, 2 drive Seagate Cheetah
drive at 15000 RPM.  This really cuts swapfile
time access by 3x-4x.  I never had problems with SCSI in the past.  As long as you
separate your SCSI from printers & scanners &
cheap CDR drives, It should work without problems.  Especially if the SCSI controller
is built on the motherboard.  But, I must
admit, if I wanted large media files on the system, I would just add a cheap 120GB IDE
drive.

Brian Guralnick
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice (514) 624-4003