On 11:24 AM 21/07/2002 -0700, Drew said:

>Brian,
>
>This is a great topic, especially when money is not a concern.  I have great
>trust with the opinions of this group, but make sure that you spend a good
>amount of time researching the stats of what you are looking at and the
>advice you receive.

I agree - do a search on the motherboard model number of Google Groups (the
old Deja News) and see if you can get a feel for the stability of the
motherboard - but don't forget that you will generally be seeing those with
problems.  By doing this I found out about some power supply
susceptibilities in a Tyan's early dual AMD offering.

>Tom's Hardware Guide www.tomshardware.com is an excellent starting resource
>for everything, other than entering key words in a search engine.

Tom's HG is not hugely useful I think if you are a professional interested
in rock-solid stability rather than overclocking tweaks.  Reviews from some
of the big CAD magazines would be better but are harder to find.

Ian Wilson

* Tracking #: A732C82ADC6C144DAFC8F9F8DA9AF6497A8EBC9A