On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 22:23, Bagotronix Tech Support wrote:
> > Is this what happens when you write software applications "down under"
>
> when
>
> > everyone at Microsoft in Belview Washington is at home in bed and cannot
> > answer your technical questions about the software?

<el snippo>

> <rant on>
> I also don't like the way dates are written in other parts of  the world.
> I frequently see dates written as YY/MM/DD (Canadian) and as DD/MM/YY
> (British).  Why can't we all agree on MM/DD/YY as THE one true correct
> standard?  When you use dates in a spoken sentence, you say "July 23,
> 2002". So why not write it that way numerically?
> <rant off>

Lol Maybe because some contries actually teach the date that way and in the AU
legal system it is written something like this "On this 23rd day of July
2002" or even " On this Twenty Third day of July Two Thousand and Two"

But I do not mind which way it is stored as long as the user can change it, to
suit the local culture, the canadian way I believe is based on French where
they say the year then the month then the day.

> Now, if we could just get everybody to drop that metric and 220V 50Hz
> crap...   ;-)

I think we should adopt a higher voltage system so we can use a thinner
conductor ;o) and frequency should be in the khz so we can be driven insane
by transfoemer hum (hmm if it was high enough it would be more like singing
;o)

Regards,

Kat.

* Tracking #: 4C339601323F66438F9532E85A96B2F72C93E03A
K.A.Q. Electronics
Software and Electronic Engineering
Perth, Western Australia
Phone +61 (0) 419 923 731