Group,
(Sorry for the Repost, but I forgot to change the subject...and just in
case you had it in the back of your mind to even think about ordering this...)

Just out of curiosity, I thought I would ask for a copy of the EULA from
LinuxCad...
It is company policy that software licences be reviewed here before
purchase in order to avoid "gotchas".  Well, I received this response from
LinuxCad:

At 03:22 PM 7/25/2002 -0400, LinuxCad Sales wrote in response to my request
for software licence terms:
>----
>
>  Go ... my web site  www.linuxcad.com pal.
>
>  LinuxCAD is up for sale for $89 , possible or not possible before or
> after, or must or consider or pertaining or not.
>
>    To fill the order form with your credit card is about the only thing
> you can do in LinuxCAD pre-sales process.
>
>    That is how we LinuxCAD folks deal with bullying...
>

>www.linuxcad.com
>sales

This guy obviously has some sort of major personal problem.  Ordering
anything from him would obviously be a big GOTCHA.
I did notice that all the "testimonials" on the website appear to have been
fabricated, either that or everyone that wrote in uses his same broken
English style.
A sad deal...Gimme Gimme Gimme...Mine Mine Mine

-Frank

At 09:46 AM 7/25/2002 +1000, you wrote:

> > BTW, I recently saw LinuxCAD's website.  It seems they offer
> > an AutoCAD
> > replacement for $99.  And they offer versions that run on
> > Windows, for those
> > who don't use Linux yet.  I don't know how good their product
> > is, I just saw
> > the website.
> >

>The mail I get on LinuxCAD is to steer well clear of it. It's not even worth
>$99, from what I can gather.
>
>Although it's an old review, see:
>
>http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue30/wuest.html
>

>AFAIK, if you agree to the "EULA" for LinuxCAD, you aren't allowed to
>comment on it in public.
>
>Cheers,
>Matthew van de Werken
>Electronics Engineer
>CSIRO Exploration & Mining - Gravity Group
>1 Technology Court - Pullenvale - Qld - 4069 - AUSTRALIA
>ph:  +61-7-3327 4685     fax:  +61-7-3327 4455
>email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>* Tracking #: D72702FFD81C064E8F36D4D29B4FC993EC221468
>*

Frank Gilley
Dell-Star Technologies
(918) 838-1973 Phone