Bob and all,

I can say the same, I bought a full version for about US$ 6000,- instead of
US$ 30.000,- two years ago, because I'm protel user, I got this as a 'cross
update'.
I just use specctra, the rest is still packed here and waits for somebody
who wants it.

The logic of this is very simple: If they sell their product for $6000 to a
protel customer, they have
$6000 more profit and not a loss of $24000,-
And If they would got me to change to their whole suite, the profit would be
even bigger, because
from this time, I would be in their hands for upgrade and maintenance.

If somebody wants to compare DXP with Cadence, he should watch the complete
price and
the maintenance cost. Cadence sells it's products in tiny peaces, for to use
specctra seriously,
at least two options are needed. For a bus routing feature I want, I would
have to pay another
US$ 2000,- if I remember right and so on.

Think of it.

Georg