> I agree, both systems can be supported properly if Protel wished to. That
was my point.

> But I prefer to be a little more gracious to the users who prefer to work
in Imp units by not forcing metric upon them.

Imperial users win either way as the conversion is clean with the metric
database.  Metric users currently lose.  What John Haddy has been proposing
for a very long time is win-win for both camps.

We currently use mixed units for designs & it is a real pain in the bottom
( took my polite pills today ;-)

I was rather surprised to see that DXP had not changed this fundamental
problem as heck they changed just about everything else. Including, I am
happy to say, many other issues raised on this forum.

Even little shops such as ourselves are working with increasingly finer
pitch bits and tighter enclosure tolerances so it is increasingly becoming
quite a relevant issue. DXP would have been a good breakpoint to make the
change.

I was also sad to see that the measurement reports failed to include both
sets of units as this would have been so simple to do.

Maybe in DXP SE....

Cheers

Don Ingram

* Tracking #: A3A7820206889545BA27B17D9B17923A0D904042