Hi,

I can confirm the last of the bugs reported.
I had a situation where Midlayer 14 had been used and I removed that layer
from the layer stack manager to use an other layer. (I usually use Mid
layer 1, 2 etc. but this design was don by somebody else before me). When I
exported the design to Specctra the Layer 14 still was exported. I Opened
the rules to fix it and it was greyed out. I had to add so I had 14 mid
layers in the layer stack manager to be able to choose not used under
rules. Then I could remove all unwanted midlayers and I was back to the
design that I wanted. Really messy. So it is a bug that only the routing
layer is used for the specctra export and no warning is issued that there
is an difference between Layer Stack manager and Routing layers rule.

Best Regards
Mattias Ericson

Mattias Ericson
Omnisys Instruments AB
Gruvgatan 8
SE-421 30  Vstra Frlunda, SWEDEN
Phone: +46 31 734 34 08
Fax:      +46 31 734 34 29
http://www.omnisys.se

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                               To:       "Protel EDA Forum"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      Please respond to        Subject:  Re: [PEDA] Gerber and
Specctra bugs
                      "Protel EDA

                      Forum"

Hi Ian,

thank you for the quick response. Here are the details:

<snip>

>What would be really really helpful would be you laying out the info in
the
>following form so I can copy and paste.
>
>Date: 2002/01/28 sort of format (yyyy/mm/dd)
>Details: P99SE SP6 PCB: .... a few sentences describing the problem and
any
>workarounds...
>Reported by: yourself here
>Confirmed by: has anyone confirmed it?
>
>Do this for both of the bugs, if you could.  I do not have Specctra so
>would not really know what I was writing anyway...

I will do as you suggest. Here we go: