that's why in our company we the following policy :
-start with preview pane disabled. This allows going through the inbox
messages and delete the offenders based just on title and sender. I only
open the very few I want.
-javascript disabled.
-open new window disabled.
-open attachment images disabled
-no email client on the CAD workstations.
-no disk drive sharing for the CAD workstations. The CAD workstations can
see the shared network resources but they are not visible for anybody except
the server backup drive.
-the internet access PC's have no rights whatsoever on the CAD workstations
, servers or the rest of the network. Anything that needs to be downloaded
from the web gets placed in some shared directory on the internet enabled
pc's . The CAD workstations have rights to see the shared transfer folder on
the internet pc's. The downloaded files get virus checked .
-no free mail services
-we use a dedicated firewall pc.
- no upgrades just because there's a new driver or a new patch for some
program , Os , etc . If it works don't fix it !

Not surprisingly, our CAD machines very seldomly crash.I haven't had any CAD
crash in 2 years , including a dual CPU machine with an ATI vido card !

Best Regards,

Matt Tudor , MSEE
http://www.gigahertzelectronics.com