DXP not supporting NT is a big problem where I work (Boeing) since we have
_zero_ choice or control over the OS.   Eventually, I am told we will one
day migrate to W2000.   Our IT group is pretty lame as a result of a
captive customer base and no outside competition.   The only thing I can do
is watch and wait.

I'm sure there are other pockets of Protel users out there in the same
situation as mine.   Moving  to DXP won't happen for us untill something
changes - new OS or NT support.

Dave Lewis

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax  wrote:

Perhaps. Perhaps not. It is additional work, certainly, to make a program
function properly under multiple operating systems. Windows 2000 could be
considered to be the current version of Windows NT. Its cost is trivial
compared to the cost of DXP.

If Protel software is to run under multiple systems, and if it were a
matter of choice, I think I'd rather see the effort go into Linux instead
of NT.

On the other hand, perhaps there could be good reasons for staying with NT
instead of upgrading to W2000. However, a good place to discuss that,
particularly if one wants a response from Altium staff, would be the DXP
list. Altium people do read this list (techserv) but they, up to and
including the top officials, have responded far more frequently on the DXP
list.
<<<<<

* Tracking #: 4636152EB1924A46AE2CABA584C9628A50232858