It may be fast, but it is useable or noticeable in a workstation??
Probably not. I've been watching my harddisk like, and it rarely blinks.
That tell me my system doesn't spend much time chugging on the disk and
therefore why would I pay 3 times as much for SCSI as I would with
ATA100? I just bought an 80GB IBM deskstar drive for $90 to my door.

I looked at the media transfer rate and the sustained rate of a IBM
Ultrastar Ultra160SCSI drive (at 10k RPM) and Deskstar 120 ATA100 drive
(at 7200 RPM) and the rate between the two isn't enough for me to
justify triple the cost. (And the fact you need a controller card that
is roughly another $100.

                        Ultra160SCSI            ATA100
Media rate:             373 to 690 Mbits/s      592(max) Mbits/s
Sustained rate: 29 to 57 MB/s           23 to 48MB/s