From: "Matt Daggett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 5:38 PM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] SCSI v IDE & IBM Deathstars (was Protel vs. DirectCD)

Yes, all disks can and do fail and yes people should be responsible for
backing up their data.  My point was simply that IDE disks are your bottom
line cheap commodity storage solution and it should be noted that you can
spend a slight bit more money and get a storage solution that is several
orders of magnitude better in performance and reliability.  This original
thread was from users who have to close every program and disconnect from
the
internet to nurse their PC through simply burning a CD... which is
ridiculous.  Sure many of the users on this list may not be doing heavily
I/O
intensive tasks like audio/video editing, file serving, etc... but when you
cant even burn a CD.. that should toss up the red flag for sure, no matter
how slow/old your system is.

* Tracking #: 81A2691F8D63D2439C5DDFB6057D43DB876BAE81