Tony,
        Protel/Altium first has to show some interest in fixing bugs and
addressing the problems in a timely fashion. In my personal experiences they
don't care and have no organized system to deal with bug reports. I have
reported several bugs to Protel, supplied files, described in detail how to
repeat it. It all falls into a vacuous hole.
        In one case after reporting two bugs, I called Tech Support, 9 - 12
months later, to check on the status of those two bugs. The reply that I got
was basically "...yeah we received your report. ... what do you want me to
do about it? ...we have passed it along to development."
        To date I have still never heard if these bugs were repeatable by
Protel staff on their machines, was a code weakness or problem identified,
was a work-around identified. I have heard diddly squat, I would bet that
the same bugs still exist in DXP, I would be very surprised if they were
removed because it was a code formatting type issue where Protel generated
erroneous gerber output data and Camtastic would fail to properly handle it.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com
Norsat's Microwave Products Division has now achieved ISO 9001:2000
certification

* Tracking #: A3286439FB6CA7479172B793F7FCCEC910819747