Yes all your comments were very obvious. I will try and be a little clearer.

Using a single layer board for simplicity - place a polygon and connect to
GND. Place another polygon which overlaps the first, connect to VCC. Now
pick up and move the second polygon so that it no longer overlaps. Notice
that where the two polygons overlapped, they both have tracks.

Reason for doing this: I have a PCB milling machine but no software. I can
use the method previously posted to generate the tool path from an
"isolation" polygon with the clearance set to 1mil. Works great except if I
have other polygons on the board.

My next approach is to edit the text version of the PCB file, grab all the
track primitives that make up the polygons that are meant to be there, turn
them into "normal" free primitives and then generate the "isolation"
polygon.

It just strikes me as odd that the polygon pours over something that is
obviously another net, and that the DRC doesn't think that this is a
problem!

Scott Ellis
Manager
Novatex Research - Excellence in Electronic Research & Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
41 Yule Road, Merewether, Newcastle, NSW 2291, Australia
Ph 0412 988408   Fax 02 49636058