Jami, read the original email, I think you've over-reacted!!

<Snip> - You said

I would respectfully submit that the specific action that you appear to have
just now taken here, to wit, the shutting down the PEDA forum, may in fact
be a little extreme.

<Snip>

techserve said
> The new forum will be moderated and will include the "best of" the [PEDA]
> forum, as well as original posts from members of the new [MPEDA] forum.
> Because of the moderation of postings, there would be greater delay in
> outgoing messages than with the un-moderated [PEDA] forum. Of course the
> benefit would be a smaller volume of higher quality mail.

No mention of shutting PEDA down, just augmenting it with a more
'professional' group.
Anyway, even if they did close PEDA its their shout, they provide it free
gratis.

I expect techserve intend to keep PEDA and let those there rant on as much
as they want.
Some people may even contribute to both lists, so PEDA probably won't die.

I, for one support techserve's move.

Jason.

* Tracking #: 82268A156499584BB09AB6B3AD51D84581A93DF3