Dennis and the group,

I, like a few others have always used "Place Track", and hence when it was
pointed out that I should have been using "Place Line" on a MECH layer
instead, I sulked away and figured it wasn't really a bug after all, and I
should use the correct "Line" instead or "Track"

But then this starts to fester in the wee dark recesses of my mind in the
background as I go about trying to ignore the forum so I can finish the
current incarnation of the "board from hell".

Then all of a sudden I wake up screaming "it is a bug!", "it is a bug!" . .
.

If I ain't supposed to use a "Track" on a MECH layer, then it should "ding"
me and not let me even begin to place the "Track".

If it will allow me to use a "Track" on a MECH layer, it should know that it
really isn't placing a "Track", but a "Line", and then it need to also
respond like it is placing a "Line" when I hit "Tab", and do the proper
thing.

Even if it is going to let me place either a "Track" or a "Line", and handle
either separately based on what it actually is, then it needs to still
handle changing the width when I use "Tab" correctly no matter what it
really is, be it "Track" or "Line".

It really is a bug no matter how you look at it.

The only difference is just exactly how you define it and where where the
bug is.

JaMi