Seems to me you want the flying probes to check for conductivity on all ends
of each net, then check for opens (non-shorts) on all adjacent traces.  The
list would be large, but finite and manageable

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Saputelli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 4:59 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] OT - bd testing

so how does a 'flying probe' test really work?
i understand the general idea of a couple of probes walking around the
comparing connectivity to a 'netlist' made from the gerbers

but it seems to me and i think i read somewhere that this is better at
finding opens than shorts

whereas the good old bed of nails would (or could?) find both

anybody know the down and dirty secrets of all this?

Dennis Saputelli