i don't know but i will say that i am very much a latecomer to using
update PCB
it does seem pretty cool, but i got a few spooky things just like this
and went back to the old netlist load

the board wasn't huge

is there a way to destroy the handles it creates ?
(or maybe that doesn't matter) the thought i am trying to promote here
is what about going back to the old netlist load?

Dennis Saputelli