On the "Update Design" form make sure of the following settings:

Connectivity should be = Nets and ports global.

Append sheet numbers to local nets = unchecked.

Assign Net to Connected Copper = checked

Descend into Sheet Parts = Checked   <--- I suspect this may be the
offending setting

Just a guess.

Tom.