Hi Brad:

I misunderstood the problem as originally described, but
I have seen the duplicate net problem you describe.

>Once the duplicate nets are
>generated then the nets vacillate back and forth between each duplicate with
>each successive update. (i.e. disconnect pinX from net y, connect pinX to
>net Y, the second net Y is the duplicate.) As well if you look at the
>netlist in PCB there are two nets of exactly the same name in the net list
>for these 14 nets.

I had this problem with some bus signals. This was some time ago but I
think the problem was that on some sheets the individual nets did not
explicitly connect to the bus. Nets were created from the both bus labels
and the isolated net labels even though connectivity was the same.
IIRC there were two ways to fix it, put the buses on each sheet even if only
one signal is used, or add ports and explicitly make the connections on the
top level schematic.

Brock