Hi All,
         The recent thread on "Board Population Houses" has prompted me to
ask this question. Can someone tell me what are the Major factors that
contribute to the "Board Population Cost" charged by the vendors. The cost
will of course include the no. of SMD and Insertion-Mount components and
their specific package type, but I want to get somewhat a generic idea as to
how the Vendors charge their customers and how this cost can be minimized by
ensuring to some guidelines, in the early phase of design.
Regards,
Adeel Malik