Ivan,

I can back this. I opened 3 Yahoo member accounts with different email
addresses for different purposes, and did not receive any spam so far. Of
course, when opening the account, you must uncheck all the pre-checked
options for "information" they want to supply you with. If you do that, no
problem.

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Kind regards

Gisbert Auge