On 04:44 PM 9/10/2002 -0700, JaMi Smith said:
>Ian - see below

"Check on" is the standard (MS documentation) for having a check/tick/cross
in a check box - so enabling that option.  I am happy to take it as read
that you meant to say check the first three boxes.

> > Issue 2) assuming you meant that paste on current layer a should be
> > checked, this is a great way of getting the components mixed up.  Their
> > graphics end up on the top layers abut the component is stated to be on
>the
> > bottom layer.  As well the component is upside down.  It would be OK if
>you
> > get the graphics to the bottom layer as well.
> >

>Very interesting phenomonin here Ian, and while there does appear to be an
>initial problem with the graphics, it is not fatal.

Yes I agree with you. Your plan does work. Well done.

>I assume that you have written up this condition as a BUG in your bug list.
>If not would you please add it now.

No - someone else can prepare the details and I will add. I have said
before that is how it works.  Provide it to me in the correct form and I
add it.

><..snip..>
>As far as I can tell, at this point, your only really valid complaint is
>that the "overlay" graphics are on the wrong layer, which in fact they are,
>and which I would call a serious BUG, that should be corrected in SP7.

Not only the overly but also the copper layers. The component looks like it
is on the top layer but its properties show it as being on the bottom layer.

>However, since it may take some time to get SP7,

Dream on.

>you may have to perform a
>two part "work around" in the meantime.
>
>WORKAROUND:
>
>Part One: After you have placed the Special Paste Array ("copy"), and before
>you deselect all of the things in the "copy", select one of the selected
>components, and select "Global>>", and in the global area change "Selection"
>to "Same", and then select the "Designator" tab and change "Layer" to
>"Bottom Overlay", and then go to the global area and set "Layer to "Same",
>and then do the same on the "Comment" tab, and then hit OK. All of your
>reference designators and component comments should now be where they
>belong.
>
>Part Two: After having done all of the above, you will now have to go back
>to your component library and "Update" each component in the design, to get
>the graphics (outline) to go where they belong.
>
>Sorry for the BUG in the first place, but I believe that you will find that
>this does in fact fix the problem.

Yep I agree.

Your method does flip the board successfully. Well done.

The only graphical items that do not get handled exactly correctly, from my
look, are the dimension text (text *sometimes* remains to the same side as
before (vertical dimension), the dimension itself is OK) and coordinates -
these are just not flipped at all correctly.  I quickly tested most
graphical elements including rotated fills and rotated strings.

You may want to do a fully clarified and non-ambiguous write up of this
(pass it by others before posting I suggest) so it is on the public
record.  This is the first fully correct technique I have seen for flipping
a section of a design in P99SE.

Well done,
Ian Wilson