Well, the first thing that comes to mind is that you are calling the wrong process for Protel99SE.

If you look at the existing menu item for '(P)lace (T)rack', it is really "(P)lace Interac(t)ive Routing". The process is "ManRoute:RunExternalManualRouter" and the parameter string is "$Description=Interactively route connections".

I suspect that PCB: PlaceTrack is a carryover from Protel98 that is no longer functional.

Regards - Harry