Not when the technician using it thinks to him/herself, "All the LEDs lit...
That cable tested "OK". On to the next..."

Or when some other technician or engineer says "Damn...I !_THOUGHT_! there
was something funny going on. Glad I have this diagnostic pass-thru gizmo
thingy from Whoozamacallitz industries to assist me in debugging yet another
of those all-too-common SCSI problems that have all but killed the standard
in favor of more reliable connection schemes like USB and Firewire...Thank
god for my Whoozamacallitz 709A (markII) SCSI Passthru Tester"

Just a guess, mind you...

aj