Hi all,
        this is an issue that I am sure has been around a while. On this design I am
working it has just become too much for me to accept, is there something I am missing
or a work around?
        Trying to annotate a two page schematic it keeps pre-sorting and ordering it's
annotate based on the part type information. It is not simply using the part type
information for matching purposes, it is doing matched part type designator
assignments first.
        For example, here is what I am seeing.

I have a bunch of resistors on page two of the schematic. They are being numbered R38,
R39, R40, R42, etc. sorted according to the specified annotate pattern. Then the next
resistor may be R15. A short number of resistors follow the original number pattern
R43, R44, R45. Then I get another one R16! The part type data of the R16 is the same
as R15 and is different than all the other mentioned resistors. On the same page I
noted some resistors of the same value/part type information that were numbered R17 &
R18 even though the other resistors around them are numbered in the 50s.

        What P99SE is doing is annotating according to the specified pattern only when
it finds a part type that was not previously matched by the part type. Parts with
matching part types get annotated in the order that the first component of that value
was found on the first page of the schematic, then it purposely searches out parts
with the same part type to annotate next in sequence even across other schematic pages.

        On my configuration for annotating I do have the "Group parts together if
matched by:" set to part type. However this is only for grouping multipart symbols, is
it not? Matching multiple parts from a single package? Or am I carrying old baggage
from OrCAD or other packages, the Help file agrees with me though?

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.