Heelo,

I have noticed poor time performance in the place processes and am wondering
if this might be a glitch in my system or an endemic P99SE problem.

Specifically, when I use the toolbars to place library objects onto the
schematic sheet, there is a longish delay of between 5-15 seconds before the
application actually responds to the "request" for an object. It seems to be
associated with some objects more than others. Power ports seem to be
unaffected by whatever mechanism is at work, (eg:clicking on a power-port
toolbar entry results in immediate reaction by the application: ie, no
error) but all of the digital objects (resistors, capacitors, and gates) and
any library referenced schematic objects I've attempt to reference DO
exhibit the behavior. That is, the Place:Part process appears to be the
problem source.

It seems like Protel is scratching its head, trying to figure out where the
objects are located, even though both the Protel created references and
those I've just created are spelled out completely.

Is this "normal" behavior for Protel, or is there a quietly documented bit
of information I'm missing from an ini file or something?

thnx,

aj