On 11:25 AM 28/05/2003, =?big5?B?Ik1pYW8sIFlpLUp1biAowVukQLZ2IElBQy1OKSI=?= said:
Dear sir:
In placing polygon ground, there always exist some tiny polygon, these tiny trace will interfer signal trace.
I have 2 methods to deal with this:
1: dobule click the polygon plane, unlock primitive ,then modify the tiny traces.
The shortcoming is: If I need rebuild the polygon, I have to modify again.

If these small islands (tiny sections of polygons) are disconnected from the polygon net they can be removed automatically by selecting the "remove dead copper" option on the polygon pour dialog. Dead copper is sections of a polygon that can not connect to a pad or track of the same net as the polygon. This option may help.

2: In relative layer(eg TOP layer),route an trace( no net) to keep from the tiny trace, let the tract' s properties is keepout, then rebuid the polygon, it will no tiny trace.

You can place a layer specific keepout. This is a track or a fill that you place on a layer like any normal track, but you then tick the Keepout attribute on the fill or track dialog. Layer specific keepouts are placed on the layer you wish to control, they are more specific than something placed on the keepout layer. You can place keepout objects directly from the Place-Keepout menu. Layer spcific keepouts are outlined in the keepout colour. Layer specific keepouts do *not* get produced on gerners. They are not copper even though they are placed on copper layers.

I have used layer specific keepouts to control polygons.

Ian Wilson