On 08:24 AM 4/06/2003, John Haddy said:
<..snip..>
For gull-wing type packages, I usually start with the assumption that
I'm happy
with 0 heel fillet when the IC pins are at minimum spacing, while I want
a toe
fillet of the same width as the thickness of the lead when the pins are
at their
maximum spacing.

I thought I had read somewhere, or seen in a seminar or something, that the heel is the dominant fillet and the toe is less relevant. If this is the case wouldn't you need to ensure a suitable minimum heel fillet and let the toe fillet reduce in length under worst case conditions?

Are there any current references on heel fillet v toe fillet?

Thanks,
Ian Wilson