I have been trying to get a report out using the SI tool to provide info
for an SDRAM interface. I have IBIS models and some results look useful.
All the same I am going nuts trying to sort out some less than well
documented aspects of the process. An SI report (Menu >Reports>SI) tells me
that I don't have component models attached. I cannot find any reference to
attaching models. Some nets SI will analyze, some it will not. Again no
useful documentation. After modifying the layout SI will not analyze nets
that it was previously OK with. Any clues as to how to get this thing
running properly.

( Incidentally 9000 or not, this is a case where some decent and honest
documentation would help. If I can get the thing working I shall compose a
process document  on how to use it so as to stop colleagues from wasting
time. If I can't then I shall be looking at Orcad 9 and SpecctraQuest for
the next job. I agree Orcad is clunky but I know that it works from using
it in a previous job. Also the Cadence Tech Support can't be faulted. It
looks as though I was mistaken  to believe the Protel hype. For sure it
doesn't tempt me to try DXP. )

Robbie