My apologies, I jumped the gun earlier and sent in error.

I have carefully inspected the routes and no sign of loops anywhere. The
analyzer seems to have  particular problems with "T" networks. I have cured
one instance of this by removing the route, deleting the net, creating a
new net and rerouting it. Another net is failing and the screening utility
reports "cannot analyze Open Collector output". No mention of open
collector anywhere in the setup. I certainly haven't told it so. Another
computer, running Protel, was able to analyze this route after extracting
the appropriate IBIS buffers. It made no difference to the other failing
route that I mentioned!
Also, I see what you mean about veracity. The plot tools, screen utility
and DRC will produce wildly different results from each other. This is
partly explained by the note describing  worst case node analysis. There
again, I tried every node on some tracks and still got differing resullts.
I have been able to get some useful indicators but I am looking forward (
possible trepidation ) to starting up the PCB.

Robbie

                      "Bevan Weiss"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                      .com>                    cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: [PEDA] Protel Signal
Integrity
                      09-Jun-2003 11:12

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Protel EDA

                      Forum"

This came up not so long ago.

Protel has problems with certain traces when they contain loops in the
paths
etc.
Otherwise in the signal integrity module, you should be able to select the
nets and get a list of the components on the net.  From that you can change
the component model used.
It doesn't do too bad a job on particular nets.  however it's far from
faultless, and the results obtained should be taken with a grain of salt
(make sure you have a salt shaker on hand, you'll go through many grains).