On 04:56 AM 16/06/2003, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
My son wants to build a board to learn how it's done. We've got schematic and
PCB files ready to roll. I've got some old Kepro-clad kits (pre-sensitized
copperclad); now all we need is a way to get the artwork onto a negative. I've
done it before using viewgraph transparencies, but don't now have a handy way
to turn the printout into a negative. I recall doing it eons ago by using
Postscript output to a file, then directly monkeying with the Postscript header to
invert the colors. Does anybody have a more modern way to invert black and
white? I can print to a PDF, but that doesn't seem helpful. Neither was anything
I could find in tinkering with the colors within Protel. Surely somebody else
out there has already done this? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I'll face this soon so good thread :-)

The Postscript driver has an invert option, that some postscript printer will obey (not all in my experience). You could try this. Even if your Postscript printer doesn't a Postscript interpreter like GhostScript may. Acrobat Distiller may as well - it works on ps files (print to file and then load into Distiller). From there print to film.

The invert option (either in Protel or the Postscript Flip option) may be useful as well to allow you to place the pattern hard up against the copper clad to minimise the effects of non-collimated light. I usually have to play with bits of paper in the air for a while to get the orientation, mirroring, flipping etc correct.

Ian