Nathan,

As pointed out in all of the parallel responses to your post, The Protel 99
SE SDK does in fact require Delphi 5 to compile.

You can occasionally find a copy of Delphi 5 on Ebay, but just make sure you
get what you pay for (i.e.: it may be a bootleg copy).

While I understand that the SDK will work with the Standard Version, from
what I understand you probably will want to go with at least the
Professional Version for the extra database capability.

Altium if they could recompile the SDK modules to be able to work with D6 or
D7, and the answer they gave me was no.

As a short term fix, you might want to ask one of the people here on the
forum who does have Delphi 5, whether they could compile the your code for
you.

In fact, since Protel 99 SE does not appear to be fully supported by Altium
any longer, and in view of the difficulty of finding Delphi 5 (which is not
even available from Borland) it might be nice to know who among us has the
capability to compile SDK servers which could be of general use to the
Protel 99 SE comunity.

In the event that you (or anyone else for that matter) are in fact going to
try and track down your own copy of Delphi 5, either from Ebay, or somewhere
else, you might be interested in the following link to the Borland site
which has their older versions of Delphi documentation, which is itself is
still available at this time, but who knows for how long. I myself have
downloaded all of the different versions available for the different
editions of Delphi 5 just to have them available if I do ever need them,
since they will probably not be maintained  on the Borland site forever.
There is a ton and a half of Delphi 5 documentation here for the different
editions, but you (or others) might still find it worthwhile to download it
all and back it all off to a CD ROM, just to have it in the event you need
it. The link is:

  ===> http://info.borland.com/techpubs/delphi/

JaMi