While the intention to provide a utility to Protel users is appreciated, it is very bad form to send any attachments to a mailing list without permission. At one time this list was set to reject attachments, it appears that this has been lost. This is a serious security issue.

A number of us have write access to a Protel user filespace that has been used for this kind of purpose. I've been rather buried lately but I'm sure that there is someone here who would post the files. However, to access the filespace, as I recall, you must be a member of [EMAIL PROTECTED] and accept a yahoo cookie for the session. I think that if you join the list and register with yahoo you may be able to upload the files yourself.

As to why the access is limited to list members, the decision was made because the yahoo user agreement in effect provides that material which is accessible to the general public has thereby been placed in the public domain. On the one hand, this might be an argument against using yahoo for the user lists, on the other hand, there are many benefits. In any case, decisions like this rest with the Association, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

(You can join these lists by sending a piece of mail to, for example, [EMAIL PROTECTED] In that case you can subscribe and read the lists by regular email without accepting yahoo cookies if that concerns you.)

The protel-users family of lists on yahoogroups.com is generally set for moderator approval of membership because of bad experience with spammers. The approval, for anyone who is actually interested in Protel, is merely a formality.

I do recommend joining [EMAIL PROTECTED] if you are at all involved with Protel. This is primarily a backup list for the Forum, which you are now reading. If you have an urgent question that pops up unexpectedly, and the Forum seems to be down, you can then ask it there without having to wait for moderator approval of your membership. That list is also open to non-emergency posts regarding Protel issues, but please, except in an emergency, do not post the same message or question to both lists. Either list generally works for getting good support, but the Forum list is larger and includes nearly everyone who is subscribed to the yahoogroups list. The yahoogroups list does, however, count among its members nearly every major writer for the Forum list.

(The protel-users list will not add significantly, under present conditions, to your mail load....)