sorry Dave -never mind
i was on a different machine and security was on high
it works now

as a feeble defense i had checked that briefly but on the first machine
it was
Excel XP or something newer than this machine which is Excel 2000
They put the security level setting in different places in the 2
versions

for the unlearned in 2000 it is on Tools Macro
and in XP it is on a tab in Tools/Options

anyway Dave thanks a ton
this is a terrific utility

there is one little bug still (at least for me)
if you drag the window with the option settings around it leaves a
series of ghosts behind itself
doesn't matter much really

this is really going to save a lot of time
i used to use the protel format (to get the grouping and count)
then basically junk all the designator that wrapped to the next line
import to excel and then pump them back it
it really sucked compared to this

so when do you release the bag label macro ?  :)

Dennis Saputelli

--
Dennis Saputelli

  ========= send only plain text please! - no HTML ==========
Integrated Controls, Inc.           www.integratedcontrolsinc.com
2851 21st Street                    tel: 415-647-0480
San Francisco, CA 94110             fax: 415-647-3003