On 01:02 PM 5/08/2003, Sanders, Dave said:
I need a little help.
I am using DXP SP2 on a very simple pcb, but I can't set up the clearance rules to do what I require.
The general clearance rule is .25mm min between all items.This is fine for most of the board.
I want to set up a second clearance rule that specifies a clearance of .5mm between polygon pours and all other items.
So I set a second clearance rule where the 1st object is a poly, and the second object is all, a clearance of .5mm, and priority 1.
But when I pour the poly, the general clearance rule (priority 2)is followed instead. Why???
Can anyone out there assist me on this one, tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Dave Sanders

This issue is the most commonly asked Q I think.

There is a Protel KB article about it.

You need to use InPolygon (or InPoly) rather than IsPolygon (or IsPoly).

You need to test against the member tracks of the poly (InPoly) rather than the polygon itself.

Ian