snip

> What I want is an open source package
> that can open
> a VSS archive.  I have one I am keen to open but don't have
> VSS.  Does
> anyone have VSS, and knows whether it is possible to export a
> VSS archive
> into another format (preserving history, branches etc), and would be
> prepared to do a once off load and export? Thanks)

Ian

We use VSS here but only for source code, not SCH/PCB files as I find it
easier just to cut a project to CD with a changelog.txt file.

I do not manage the VSS server or the clients but if all you need is the
data extracted from a VSS archive, and you have nothing confidential in
it, then I can get Joolz to do this without much trouble. Just need the
username and password for the database as well as the format (v5, v6?)

The problem with opening a VSS archive is they are mostly encrypted, and
desimated. Does not bode well for a repair if corrupted.

I will find out if there is another format that it can export to,
instead of raw files & docs, but I do not think so.

Best Regards

John A. Ross

RSD Communications ltd
Email  [EMAIL PROTECTED]