From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 4:44 AM
Subject: [PEDA] Antwort: Silver Immersion, was: Trace Width Charts

Brian,

we went completely away from gold, nothing but problems in the soldering
process. Silver showed much better results for us. The price is about the
same. Maybe it depends on the assembly house and the processes they are
using.

Mit freundlichem Gru
Kind regards

Gisbert Auge
N.A.T. GmbH
www.nateurope.com

                    Brian Guralnick
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        An:     Protel EDA Forum
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    eotron.ca>                 Kopie:
                                               Thema:  [PEDA] Silver
Immersion, was: Trace Width Charts
                    26.09.2003 09:56
                    Bitte antworten an
                    "Protel EDA Forum"

> I have just attended a meeting of the IPC Designers Council where the
> subject of finishes for PCB's came up and it was revealed that Silver
> Immersion seems to have great benefits for assembly, shelf life,
> solderability, rework, etc...
>
> Can anyone give me their experiences with the process and its benefits
and
> down sides?  Have you personally used it, how long, what sort of problems
> have you seen, what are the cost issues?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Bill Brooks
> "Politics is more difficult than Physics" - Albert Einstein

Good question.  I would also like to know how it compares to Gold
Immersion.

I've gone all gold on all of my current PCBs as a means to improve overall
general quality.
(eg: http://pages.infinit.net/helloftp/bd2.jpg
A-LA-CARTE AV headend scalar & switcher PCBs.)

Is silver any better, or cheaper?
Brian Guralnick