this has tortured us from time to time but not lately

we are also running W2K SP2
(BTW, you can patch up SP2 to latest security w/o upgrading past SP2)
* see footnote

i have never seen a clear cause or solution stated here
i don't think it is something in your file

it has something to do with MDAC stuff and/or some interaction
w/ memory timing (see next)

have you changed your hardware lately?
i solved the problem (which was severe) completely
by 'just' buying a new computer - even though the computer being
replaced was itself new

you could go down the install reinstall route
if you do, search these archives for the COMPLETE uninstall procedure
it got refined and does make a difference

Dennis Saputelli

*
2 of the security updates for WIN2K are related to MDAC
we have had so much trouble in this regard that i was very nervous about
installing those
but lately i have installed one of them (sorry can't remember the
number)
and so far so good w/ SE
later i will try the other and report here

Dennis Saputelli

--
Dennis Saputelli

  ========= send only plain text please! - no HTML ==========
Integrated Controls, Inc.           www.integratedcontrolsinc.com
2851 21st Street                    tel: 415-647-0480
San Francisco, CA 94110             fax: 415-647-3003