No, Protel 99SE does have layer specific keep out tracks.  You can either
place a track on the keep out layer, in which case it will affect all
layers, or a keep out track on a specific layer, in which case it will only
affect copper on that layer.

Mike.

|         |           "John A. Ross    |
|         |           [Design]"        |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |
|         |           07-Oct-2003 12:09|
|         |           "Protel EDA      |
|         |           Forum"           |

  |       To:       "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             |
  |       cc:
                          |
  |       Subject:  Re: [PEDA] Keepouts

Dave

As far as I know P99SE does not support layer specific keep outs like
DXP does.

If you place a keep out it will generate errors for any primitive
violating it.

Generally it is better to draw the polygon vertices around the area
using the polygon vertices as your keepout definition (if you see what I
mean) and have a suitable tie point somewhere using a fill or similar.

Unless someone has a more elegant solution

Best Regards

John A. Ross

RSD Communications ltd
Email  [EMAIL PROTECTED]