At 23/04/2003 02:00, Brad Velander wrote on the subject 'strange shaped pads':

Hi Daniel,
yes you can do it with drawn pads from pads, fills, tracks, polygons. The only caveat is that you will have to run the netlist tool to update the primitives from the pads. That will get rid of your DRC errors for that drawn pad. <snip-snip>

Well then.

I have a similar challenge: on the latest project I must have a shielded loop antenna on board.

I created the footprint using four layers (the inner two for the loop and top and bottom for the shield) using tracks, vias, 'virtual shorts' and pads (three for the loop+CT, one for the shield).

The connection pads take on the correct nets, but generate DRC clearance errors on the tracks that are part of the footprint. Thanks to the virtual shorts and associated rules the loop itself is error-free, it's just the connection pads that generate the errors......

The 'update free primitives from component pads' command does not help since the violating primitives are not free (they are part of the footprint).
Releasing the footprint does not help much either, I then have an unplaced component....

Is there any way out of this?

Leo Potjewijd hardware designer IE Keyprocessor bv.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+31 20 4620700