On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 09:24:33 +1000, you wrote:

>I have never found out why the short and long right click are determined by
>the double click timing - it may be due to the available information that
>Windows provides in the mouse messages or it may be a design choice of the
>programmers (not ideal if this is the case).

As far as I can tell a design choice - a bad and undocumented one. You can
query the control panel double click timing with the WIn32
GetDoubleClickTime API.

The mouse messages are no help in this area. I have seen Delphi code jump
through hoops timing the arrival of mouse messages and making a comparison
with the double click time so they can avoid taking action on a single
click which later turns out to be the first half of a double click. That is
a reasonable use of the double click time, using it for anything more as
Protel does is abitrary. I would rather they set it from a random number
generator at start up - at least it would be right some of the time.

It was DXP (SP0) when I looked causing me to complain that interactive
routing was broken. I didn't find it documented anyware in DXP - have you?

Still we have only been complaining about this for 4 years.