The converter is Protel 2.8 (PFW). In the old (pre-Windows) days, we used Tango extensively. We have a lot of legacy designs that started in Tango, and sometimes we need them for old projects that customers revive.

When Protel advertised version 3, they included Tango file translation as one of the features - it never happened. Some of us who purchased version 3 made noise about the missing Tango import. As a compromise, Protel provided licensed copies of 2.8 at no cost to purchasers of version 3 who asked for the conversion capability.

The translation is not always perfect, rotated objects are sometimes translated without rotation. We have never found that to be a particular problem to clean up.

You may want to ask your local Protel office if you can get a copy of the old program from them. If they won't help, or you don't have the time or desire, you may email your Tango file to me, and I'll run it through my copy of PFW. I won't do any cleanup for you - just the raw import/export.

Regards