We've used KJM (Kingston-Jones Manufacturing), www.kjmco.com, a number of
times and were quite pleased with the results.  They do both prototype and
small-volume production.

HOWEVER, I think the best thing you can do, if possible, is to find a place
CLOSE to YOU.  It was really nice to be able to drive to KJM & get a tour,
talk to the people, look over prototypes with them, etc.  I could have the
bare boards sent to me (from manufacturer), look them over, then drop them
off (or have them picked up) the same/next day for stuffing.