Adeel Malik wrote:

> Does someone possess the contact info of cheap but reliable PCB Component
> Assembly Houses in North America ?. Also I wanted to know what are the
> important factors that determine the Assembly cost for PCBs. Is the cost
> direct proportional to the number of Solder Points/ Component pads ?. If it
> is, then can I do a rough approximation to evaluate the Assembly Cost,
> provided I know the Part count, Pad count and Part variety on my board ?.

My second board being assembled was a nightmare. They, aiming for cheap components, orded them in hole sticks and trays. Bunches of half sticks were unused at the end and handed over to me. At $7.50 per OpAmp, that was quite an investment. Ever since then, I deliever the components they don't have. They have the usual R, C, Led. I deliver the active components plus ferrites, plus ...

Rene
--
Ing.Buro R.Tschaggelar http://www.ibrtses.com
Your newsgroups @  http://www.talkto.net