The manual as shipped with the DXP retail package might be out dated.
Have you tried the new tutorials available at
http://www.protel.com/resources/learningguides/index.html You can also
find a newer issue of the user manual and a copy of the DXP training
course.

I believe it may also be the case that the feature has changed a little
bit between Sp2 and Sp3 pre-release.

Sp3 pre release discussions can only be done through Altiums own mailing
list. The address for this mailing list should have been sent to you
with your unzip code / registration for SP3pre.

Altium also have their own mailing lists for DXP support only, and you
can join (if you have not done so already) by visiting
http://forums.altium.com/cgi-bin/msgbylist.asp?list=dxp .
There has been many focused, productive discussions and brainstorming on
the multi-channel feature on that list.

If you run into problems after running through the newer tutorials 7
training materials, you could perhaps post to both lists as not all
users are members of both and see which one responds better.

Best Regards

John A. Ross

RSD Communications ltd
Email  [EMAIL PROTECTED]