I still guess that the problem is in the BETWEEN keyword process, maybe some bug of
ProtelDXP. I had not seen anything fatal error in my original query expression
"IsTrack and ((ABS(X1-X2)-ABS(Y1-Y2))  between -1 and 1)". Yes, it has the mistakes of
query out small piece track, but if it works properly, it should have queried out
other 45-degree tracks. But, I tested this query and the result is some long tracks
with 0 degree(parallel to x axis).

Roboy of BUAA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]