Re: [PEDA] IPC-D-356 Netlist (IPC-D-356A options)

Lou,
We send the IPC file with all of our boards. Include the conductor traces,  we set the
min adjacentcy to 25 mils, and use the board outline , mechanical layer.  With these
settings there is more than enough information for your board house.  The fab house
will only test endpoints on a trace however these options will provide everything they
need to extract the end points.  Include the trace information because the board
houses will perform DRCs on your design before sending it to the floor.  They have
caught and save my behind several times. (traces barely touching, and left over via)
Use the IPC format, not  the XLS or or other formats.  Disgard the report it generates.
I recommend setting the NCD drill and the gerber to the absolute origin, only because
there is a reproducable bug in Protel. The bug is a different count in holes.
Generate Gerbers, NCD and IPC at the same time, not separately
Hope this helps

Mike Reagan
EDSI
Frederick MD