I have a DXP footprint that I need to modify. Its is DIODE SMC contained in
Miscellaneous Devices.IntLib.
The original part uses a 5 mil line for the outline on the silkscreen layer.
My board house's Design for Manufacture test balks at this
Wanting 7 mils or greater. I tried copying this part into my project
library, increasing the line width, saving it as a new footprint, and
reassigning the
Footprint in the PCB editor. I got a "unable to match parts to footprint"
error. Can anyone give me a clear path, or link to a tutorial or any other
useful information on how to manipulate components in DXP? I have been using
ProTel since "98" and I swear that every time I have tried to work with
Protel's library editors I have taken a different unique path with new and
wonderful inconsistencies, bugs and other disasters. I would love to
discover a standard, reliable method for managing components.
I'm dreaming, right?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Bob Stephens