From: Ian Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: March 2, 2004 2:52 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Placing Components on top of each other

On 08:17 PM 2/03/2004, Jason Morgan said:
>You need to use a negative component clearance rule distance.
>
>e.g.
>
>IsFootprint('Footprint1') and IsFootprint('footprint2')
>Clearance = -5000mil
>
>You need to enable 'Full' clearance rule checking which can be slow.

Trent,
Looks like Jason is using DXP queries as shorthand, but there is footprint
scope in P99SE so it is should be easy enough to convert.

Jason,
Negative component clearance checking has never worked for me in P99SE or
DXP.  I would love a simple example PCB that shows negative component
working.  This has been a pain for me for ever.  Any chance of making up a
sample design, Jason?

Thanks,
Ian